A telephone conference that allows participants from around the world access to the conference call by dialing a toll free number. A telephone operator then joins the participants into the call after qualifying them to make sure that they are entering the appropriate session.
- Requirements: Telephone capable of dialing toll free numbers.
Sites with multiple participants are encouraged to call-in on one line and use a speaker phone to enable group participation.
Streaming Audio/Real-Time Captioning
All sessions will provide Streaming Audio and Real-Time Captioning via Blackboard Collaborate Webinar platform (Version 12). All sessions utilize fully accessible technology to ensure equal participation by all interested individuals.
What is a Webinar?
- A webinar is a presentation, lecture, workshop or seminar that allows you to view the presentation, chat and speak in real-time over the internet. The online conferencing system, Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12), used for Accessibilityonline Webinar Series provides the most accessible conferencing and collaboration experience possible. Individuals can participate in a fully-accessible, online conference from anywhere that they can access the internet.
Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12)
- Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12) is a virtual environment optimized for learning. Whether you have two learners or two hundred, Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12) enables world-class communication, collaboration, and education that transforms the webinar experience. This technology ensures that all participants are in sync, regardless of computer platform or Internet connection speed.
- In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12) provides a variety of features that promote accessibility, including keyboard access to menus and dialogs, closed captioning, enlarged video, user-defined color, screen reader compatibility, and more. This means people with disabilities get a richer, more interactive learning experience.
- System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/Windows7 Operating System or Mac OS; Sound Card; Speakers; Internet Explorer V6-7; (Functionality may be limited using Firefox); High-Speed Internet Connection to the Internet.
- To check to see if you have the correct Configuration. Follow the steps below
Mobile Device Option (IPhone and IPad Only)
- Blackboard Collaborate offers an option to view and interact with the webinar via their Free Mobile App. The App is available for download from the Apple Store.
- The Mobile App is only compatible/available for IPhone and IPad.
- Closed Captioning is not available via the Mobile App
- The Whiteboard Content is not accessible to screen readers in the Mobile App
- Individuals should review the Mobile App Participant Manual available on the Blackboard Collaborate Website
- Individuals should consider viewing the training video on the use of the Mobile App
- Individuals using the Mobile App to connect to the Webinar session must contact ADA Conferences in advance of the session to receive the direct link to the session. This is required to use the App. You will not be able to link to the session using the App without the direct link.
- To be eligible for CE participants will need to enter your name exactly how it appears in their registration on the www.accessibilityonline.org website or use the email address that you have set up in your account on this website for registration. This will be the only way that your participation can be tracked for purposes of documenting the minimum requirements for continuing education credit. We will not be able to issue credit if identifying information does not match our records. Using other versions of your name, nickname, etc. will not suffice unless you are not requesting verification of attendance for CE purposes
Telephone Bridge Option
- The Telephone bridge option refers only to the method of listening to the webinar. Participants can listen to the webinar via the telephone bridge and will need to have internet access to view the webinar presentation and submit questions via the chat area in Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12)
- NOTE: Viewing the presentation through Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12) is not required. Please be aware that participating via the telephone bridge option will put you in listen only mode and does not have the capability for you to ask questions. All participants that connect via telephone will dial a toll number, not a toll-free 1-800 number. Any costs incurred are based solely on the caller's long-distance plan with their provider.
What is CART (Communication Access Real Time Transcription) or Real-Time Captioning?
- CART, also known as Real-Time Captioning is where simultaneous word for word transcription is provided and most commonly used by individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. The Accessibilityonline program provides CART via the Blackboard Collaborate platform (Version 12) for all the webinar programs.
The ADA Audio Conference Series is Coordinated by the
Great Lakes ADA Center. For assistance with any of our conferences contact us at (877) ADA - 1990 or (877) 232 - 1990 (V/TTY). We reserve the right to cancel sessions at any time without notice. A full refund will be provided for all paid sessions should the sessions be cancelled.