A telephone conference that allows participants from around the world access to the conference call by dialing a toll free number. A telephone operator then joins the participants into the call after qualifying them to make sure that they are entering the appropriate session.
- Requirements: Telephone capable of dialing toll free numbers.
Sites with multiple participants are encouraged to call-in on one line and use a speaker phone to enable group participation.
Streaming Audio/Real-Time Captioning
All sessions will provide Streaming Audio and Real-Time Captioning via Blackboard Collaborate Webinar platform (Version 12.5). All sessions utilize accessible technology to enable participation by individuals utilizing assistive technology or alternative means of accessing visual and audio delivered content.
What is a Webinar?
- A webinar is a presentation, lecture, workshop or seminar that allows you to view the presentation, chat and speak in real-time over the internet. The online conferencing system, Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12.5), used for ADA Audio Conference Series provides an accessible conferencing and collaboration experience. Individuals can participate in an accessible, online conference from anywhere that they can access the internet. The quality of the audio/visual content will be dependent upon the speed of the internet connection.
Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12.5)
Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing (Version 12.5) is a virtual environment optimized for learning. This technology supports a variety of computer platforms and can be used effectively with different internet connection speeds.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Blackboard Collaborate (Version 12.5) provides a variety of features that promote accessibility, including keyboard access to menus and dialogs, closed captioning, enlarged video, user-defined color, screen reader compatibility, and more.
- A list of supported systems and browsers are available on the Blackboard Collaborate website.
- To check to see if you have the correct Configuration. Follow the steps below:
- Visit the Blackboard Collaborate Support Portal
- Click First Time Users
- Click Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing (You will see a message that will verify if you have the correct system requirements)
- You may use the configuration room provided by Blackboard to test your connection, settings, and configure your audio.
- Additional resources are provided by Blackboard Collaborate if you experience problems and/or want additional information.
- Note for Windows 8 Users:
It has been reported that some Windows 8 users have faced compatibility issues with Blackboard version 12.5 so we kindly request that you check your system compatibility well in advance of the session to allow for any necessary troubleshooting.
Mobile Device Option
- Blackboard Collaborate V12.5 offers an option to view and interact with the webinar via their Free Mobile App. The App is available for download from the Apple Store, Google Play and Amazon.
- The Mobile App is compatible/available for IPhone and IPad, Android devices and Kindle Fire HD.
- NOTE: The Mobile App is not compatible with other Kindle devices
- Closed Captioning is not available via the Mobile App.
- The majority of Whiteboard Content is not accessible to screen readers in the Mobile App.
- NOTE: Some content, for example, the headers, are accessible to screen readers.
- Individuals should review the information available from Blackboard regarding their Mobile App options at Blackboard Collaborate Website
The ADA Audio Conference Series is Coordinated by the
Great Lakes ADA Center. For assistance with any of our conferences contact us at (877) ADA - 1990 or (877) 232 - 1990 (V/TTY). We reserve the right to cancel sessions at any time without notice. A full refund will be provided for all paid sessions should the sessions be cancelled.